Pro Service Painting understands that we’re not just entering a job site, but your home as well. We are guests and we understand that your life doesn’t stop just because we’re there. We respect this by being clean, on time and as unobtrusive as possible. You can help us by getting the clutter out of the way, and doing a general clean up before we arrive. See our ’10 Steps for Interior Painting’ below!
What You Should Know About Interior Painting
There’s a lot more to interior painting than just rolling the colours you like onto the walls. You can, for example, create distinct spaces with the way you paint and the colours you use, or even induce sleeping in your bedrooms.
In most houses today, the living room is an open area that connects the kitchen with the dining area. In such cases, it is difficult to determine where to start and where to stop a particular colour scheme, if you want to add a bit more colour to your house. A simple technique you can follow is to paint a feature on the wall between two areas, which will serve as a break to distinguish between the two areas. You could even do a progression of colours and arrive at a center point in the living room, like the fireplace.
The paint you use in the kitchen will have to match the finish of your cabinets and table. If you are likely to spend a lot of time in the kitchen, then itís a good idea to choose bright and happy shades that perk your mood and keep you excited.
For the bathrooms, you can be adventurous. They are, after all, small areas where you can change the colour easily if you don’t like what you’ve first done. A safe bet, however, is to use light colours such as blue or green, as they give a feeling of more space, and also look and feel clean.
As for the bedrooms, designers prescribe light shades of blue to induce sleeping. In such cases, add a touch of brightness in line with your vision when you wake up in the morning.
It’s as simple as this to make your interiors look classy, without any extra work or money.
10 Steps for Interior Painting:
- You receive an Estimate from Pro Service.
- You accept the terms of the estimate and pay a 30% Deposit.
- Colours: Choose from A) Dulux Paints B) Benjamine Moore C) General Paint. Make sure that you provide Pro Service with all the colours (Code + Name) and where they are going, at least 2 Days before our arrival. We buy the paint ahead so we need to be sure about quantity for the purchase…
- If you have awkward furniture or items you would rather us not move, please do so prior to our arrival. We can move heavy items, however, china cabinets full of antiques should be emptied before we will move them.
- Do a general tidy and clean-up. We are going to move most items to the middle of the room, so the less clutter to tackle the better! Also, if we are painting your bathroom, please give it a solid clean before asking us to paint behind the toilet…
- Feeling Motivated? You can do some of the furniture moving for us and even take the wall receptacles down. If you are willing to pitch in to a larger extent let us know at the estimating stage and we might be able to save you a few bucks.
- Don’t start repairing holes in drywall if you don’t know what you are doing…We have had clients use the wrong ‘mud’ or apply too much product and it can really do more harm than good!
- Remember that your house is going to be a construction zone for a few days, especially if we are doing the whole house. There will be some degree of dust from sanding, etc. We always maintain a tidy work environment, but some mess will be created along the way.
- If you would like the house to be done section by section just let us know at the estimating stage, so we can accommodate you.
- Ready, Set, GO! If you have gone through the list then you are ready for us.
Our goal is to make the experience seamless and to keep service levels high throughout the process.